Happy Almost 2015 Friends!
As Taylor pointed out yesterday, you’re not a real blogger unless you do a year in review and resolutions. I’ve got a few resolution topic posts comin your way in the days to come, so for today BlonderSide’s Year in Review
2014 was a great year of blogging. I actually started in 2013, but this year was my first full one. BlonderSide has grown immensly and I’m so proud to see how far it’s come. It may still be small but I’ve got some great Blog Friends and the very best support system a blogger could ask for 🙂
I wrote 133 posts and had readers from 124 different countries! What!?!? I got 44 readers from Saudi Arabia… Saudi Arabia people! A few other notable countries that visited this little space my American education made me forget existed include Burma, the Congo, and Cote d’Ivoire…Don’t ask me to point them out on a map though, please and thank you.
I know I’m not that cool to be international. My guess is most of that foreign traffic came from the following posts…..
1. Why I’ll Never Eat Another Quest Bar I wrote this on a whim and it’s since jumped to the top of the ranks even showin up in the top Google results!! Don’t believe me? Just Google Quest bars and healthy and see my smiling face. Well a link to my smiling face but you get the idea. With it comes lots of hate but I clearly stated several times in there it was My Opinion and I’m not Telling Anyone Else what to do…sale vi.
2. Switching From WordPress.com to WordPress.org in 5 East Steps I guess other people like reading about blogging as much as I do. This post if pretty detailed but I feel like a great guide to get you self-hosted as painlessly as possible.
3. Confessions I’m Cooler Online Granted this also was accompanied by a giveaway so I can probably credit these views to that. But I like to think it’s because people can relate to sometimes being socially awkward and not quite feeling comfortable in large social situations. Just me? Darn 😉
4. Cakemix Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies This one is a no brainer. The pumpkin obsession is very real and is the gift that keeps on giving. Giving to your hips if you’re not careful but these little babies are the perfect balance.
5. How to Beat The target Trap. My full-proof way to not spend your life savings at Target. Not to mention an arm, leg, or your unborn child….
6. Don’t forget I became a regular installment on RunHaven.com Click on over and you can read things such as how to properly run and brunch, my own Hunger Games themed race, or some running resolutions.
Traffic wise this posts didn’t make the top 5 but comment wise it was rated #1. Reasons I Haven’t Hit Big Blogger Status. I’ve got a second installment in the works so here’s to hoping y’all can relate to that as well 😀
And b/c Juliette predicted her future 2015 I decided to throw my hat in the ring as well. I’m not much of a fore-seer but I’ve got a few hopes and dreams for the future. So here goes, if they don’t happen we can pretend I never wrote this deal?
>> BlonderSide will reach National Attention and I become the next famous blogger socialite. (That’s a thing right?)
>> The Prince of Monaco reads my now nationally famous blog and falls madly in love with me and I become royalty (too Gossip Girl?)
>> With my newfound fame and money I start a charity or something. Maybe save a baby panda or an actual baby. That’s what rich people do to gain good graces, or so the tabloids tell me.
>> Ok for real-sies I’ll graduate in May, land a killer job and finally buy a new laptop so I can get to work on the whole famous blog thing….
Here’s to a brand new year and a happy one at that!
What are some of your hopes (not resolutions, we’ll get there) for 2015?