Welcome to the Secret Blogger Club Blog Hop!
Before I get down to business, is anyone else as stoked as me about the two-day event of the Bachelor starting this Sunday? It’s ok if you don’t want to admit it, but I know I’m not alone in this like decade-long obsession. #HopelessRomantic
Anyway, I can’t think of a good segway to what I really wanna talk about so let’s just pretend I said something really clever and we all laugh as I transition…..
I’m a morning person through and through. I’ve never stayed out all night and when the clock chimes 9pm I start winding down. In college that was definitely not the “cool” thing to do, but I survived and am now the envy of all my co-workers.
Be to work before 6am? Sure, can do! But workout at 6am? not my favorite activity……
See I’m a Slow morning person. As in I like nice slow mornings and if that means they need to start before the rooster crows than I’m A-ok with it. I like to wake-up, scroll through Instagram, read the paper, relax as I got through 50 outfits. It’s awesome.
But see, I also only have time to exercise in the morning b/c I work until 7-8pm most nights, and w’ve already established I like to be in bed by 10, if not earlier and reading a book. So that leaves me with morning exercise. I’ve compiled a pretty comprehensive list of strategies I use to get up and movin first thing in the morning…..Maybe one or more of them willhelp you out as well.
Self- Pep Talks
– “Think about how great you’ll feel afterwards!” This one can usually do the trick alone. I always do feel great afterwards so I’m not even lying to myself! However, when the snows come a blowin and the 15 minute walk from my car to the gym is a bit too daunting I haveta resort to some dirtier tricks.
– “You wanna fit into that swimsuit?? You know, that swimsuit you never wear anyway b/c you have irrational fear of the water? Yea that one!” I really do hate the water so rarely will you find me in a swimsuit. However that early in the morning my brain forgets this fact and I get out of bed.
– “If you go to 2 spin classes this week you go to Dunk’s! Remember how much you love Dunks?” Not the best option since rewarding yourself with food is kinda a no-no, but it’s effective nonetheless. Plus I always treat myself to a vanilla chai tea latte and everyone knows those calories don’t count (big lie)
– “Pizza” SImple, yet highly effective
Cruel and Unusual Punishment
– “Ok self, if you don’t get to spin class this morning you can’t watch the latest episode of the Bachelor!!!!” No lie, this is what got me up Tuesday morning this week. I usually watch it with a friend the night of, but we had to cancel and you can’t let an episode of the Bachelor just sit around unwatched….
[Tweet “Need some help exercising in the morning? Here’s some tips! #fitness #sweatpinnk”]
What about you? What are some ways you get yourself to exercise? (besides you’re an awesome superwoman who needs no motivation in which case we can’t be friends….Wait no! Come back! I need friends!!)
Don’t forget to linkup with the Secret Blogger Club below!