It’s been a long weekend, for some reason my body decided August was a good time for a cold. Cold be darned though because I got the best pick-me-up I could have gotten!
Shawn @ Fruity ‘N’ Nutty nominated me for the Sunshine Award, how cute is she! Everyone needs to go check her out she’s seriously adorable.
So here’s the rules about the award:
- Post the award logo in a post
- Link to the person who nominated you (see Shawn above)
- Answer the 10 questions about yourself
- Pass the award on to 10 others, let them know and link to their blog
1. What was the last book you read? I just finished a book called Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult (one of my favorite authors) and am currently reading The Orphan Sister by Gwendolen Gross. Random fact, the best part of moving somewhere new is getting that first piece of mail with my name on it so I can get my new library card! 😀
2. Do you prefer cardio or weights? As a personal trainer I should tell you about the benefits of both, but as since this is all about me, I really do prefer cardio. There’s nothing as freeing as a good ole fashioned run.
3. How long have you been blogging? I started this blog a few months ago (5months?) to chronicle my fitness exploits, but I had a previous blog Southern Blonde Out of Humidity I started when I moved to Boston last year for my family to be able to see what I was up to. It’s since been put out of commission.
4. What’s your favorite movie? Easy, She’s The Man, hands down! I could quote that movie from here to the end of time! My best friend and I have an ongoing contest to see who can slip in a STM quote into daily conversation the best haha.
5. What’s your dream vacation destination? Hmm this is a tough one b/c I like to travel to new places, but I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii or Australia. I’m kinda a terrible flyer (aka I hate it) so who knows if either of those will ever happen lol.
6. Facebook or Twitter? Facebook, though I do use Twitter as well.
7. What was the highlight of your summer? Highlight of my summer = moving closer to home! Ever since I graduated high school ( we won’t mention how long ago that was) I’ve always had to take a plane home and now I only live a relatively short 2.5hr car ride from them! I see many sister’s weekends in my future 😉
8. What are 3 things you can’t live without? My family, my best friends, and books. (I suppose the first 2 really aren’t “things”, but what the heck I’m bending the rules).
9. Why do you workout? I workout to not only look awesome but to feel awesome. It’s also my number one stress reliever so there’s that. Oh and it keeps me employed 🙂
10. What kind of music do you listen to? I’m about to reveal to you just how hillbilly I am at heart…..I love bluegrass and old country western. Yes I am that girl 😀 But I’m also a fan of really anything but Metal, or dare I say it Classic Rock ‘gasp‘…I know and I’m sorry 😦
Yay wasn’t that fun? That was a serious bonding moment people 🙂
Here are my questions:
- What is your favorite book?
- Pick one song that is currently the soundtrack to your life.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? (health side-affetcs aside)
- How many places have you lived?
- What’s your biggest phobia?
- What is a fitness/racing pet peeve that you have?
- If you could work any job for a day what would it be?
- Who inspires you the most?
Ok now to nominate my own little lovely blogger friends who bring sunshine into my life via their amazing stories and words.
- Matilda @ RunMum
- The Haynes family(girls) @ Running with the Hayneses
- Sarah @ Sweet Miles
- Catherine @ A Two Storey Home
- Kelsie @ Kelsie Lou’s Blog
- Audrey @ Lose Weight By Eating
- Jacqueline @ Skinny Chick Blog
- Beth @ Racing Robsons
- Becca @ From Snickers to Marathon
- Welcome to the Nuthouse
Go check out all these lovely ladies and make some new friends!
“Your Life is your message to the world. Make it inspiring.”
-Lorrin L. Lee